Department Of Industry, Tourism and Trade
Senior Administrative Officer 2 - Remuneration Package Range $165,119 - $179,827
Tourism NT, International Marketing
Ongoing in Alice Springs or Darwin
The Director International Operations position is a pivotal strategic role crucial for Tourism NT’s future success. Supported by an internal team as well as team of representative agencies, this role is strategic in nature requiring a cutting edge visionary who not only understands the global leisure visitation market but can also focus on wider industry development outcomes. Procurement, contracting, risk management, consumer privacy monitoring, global marketing programs and collaborative leadership techniques are applied daily in this role.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Lead, direct and support the team in the development and deployment of Tourism NT’s international marketing strategy and programs to increase awareness and demand in key source markets, support airline access, increase international product supply and enhance key travel sellers ability to sell the NT’s destinations, experiences and products.
- Establish and maintain effective and strategic alliances across the Northern Territory Government and Australian Government entities, the NT tourism and hospitality industry and relevant global travel supply chain partners to leverage and implement programs that will increase visitation to the NT.
- Undertake the management of international contractors, providing strategic marketing advice, guidance and facilitate the governance and contracting requirements.
- Direct and manage the human, financial, procurement and information systems of the unit in keeping with the policies and protocols of the Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade.
- Develop and support the management of strategic partner relationships in key international markets that will assist in delivering the NT Tourism Industry’s Strategy 2030 outcomes.
- Lead the advocating, reporting and representation of the international strategy and activities across all stakeholders.
- Manage multiple teams and lead continual improvement programs across all international team members.
For further information please contact Tony Quarmby, Executive Director on 08 8999 3866 or email@example.com.
Quote vacancy number: 35263
Closing date: 14/08/2022
This vacancy may be available in either Alice Springs or Darwin subject to negotiation with the successful applicant.
Applications should address the Selection Criteria. For a copy of the Job Description and to apply online please visit www.jobs.nt.gov.au