BRILLIANTLY DIFFERENT, BUT BETTER TOGETHER (Perfect way to sum up a client's culture)
- Australian owned fresh produce brand
- Bring your expertise and add your own mark
- Continue to expand five existing profitable business units
Fuse Recruitment is exclusively partnering with our client based in Sydney, who is looking for an experienced, dynamic and engaging General Manager to manage their five separate business units across Queensland and New South Wales across growing, wholesale, packing and distribution facilities.
Our client services key retailers, foodservice and over 400 independents, with plans for further expansion across the import and export space, and compliance across HACCP, FreshCare, HARPS and Fair Farms.
Whilst this role holds total responsibility for all site aspects encompassing production, procurement, sales and distribution, assisting a team of strong department managers. This role has a focus on leading the business into a new growth phase, and overseeing the implementation of new business initiatives, product lines and innovation.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Direct and coordinate activities of the entire group and its divisions with production, procurement, sales and distribution
- Prepare and manage schedules and budgets for each division to ensure everyone is being held accountable to their KPI's
- Review financial activity and performance of sales and operations divisions according to budget
- Oversee implementation of new business initiatives, new product lines and bringing innovation and efficiency to the entire business
- Engaging with key customers to further develop and foster relationships
- Work with the managing director to achieve company goals and vision
- Training, mentoring and motivating staff
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Strong financial and commercial acumen with the ability to develop a wide range of reports and understand the 'numbers' driving production and operations
- Experience in a similar role at the General Manager level
- Experience across fresh produce / horticulture or a high care high risk environment in food manufacturing
- Strong leadership experience with the ability drive a high performance culture
- A entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to come in and treat the business like it's your own
In return our client can offer:
- A generous salary packaging coupled with additional employee benefits
- Working in a role which is highly supported by the directors of the business
- A strong company EVP
- The ability to work for a business that is continually improving, growing and investing in its facilities and people capabilities
Please contact Wendy Terry for a confidential discussion on 0419 963 163.