Ambition, innovation and determination prove key traits of the 12 women named as finalists in the Telstra NT Business Women’s Awards.
Katherine women Judy Spafford from Gorge Health and Susan Brosnan from Tanami Rural Property are two of the finalists.
Winners of the awards will be announced at a Gala Dinner in Darwin, on Friday October 20.
State and Territory category winners will be flown to Melbourne for the national awards judging, followed by a celebration dinner on the night on November 21.
Now in their 23rd year, the awards celebrate the achievements of extraordinary business women and the contribution, support and participation of everyone in pursuit of this goal.
Manbulloo Mango farm owner Maria Piccone was won with the state award in 2015.
Telstra Business Women’s Awards Ambassador Joe Pollard said that the NT finalists are exceptional women who deserve to be celebrated.
“The role of the Telstra Business Women’s Awards is to shine a light on women’s achievements as business leaders and celebrate the positive results of inclusive leadership, which include better organisational performance, increased competitive advantage and at a macro level, a thriving economy,” Ms Pollard said.
“The 2017 finalists have followed very different paths to business success but they have all shown determination, innovative thinking and exceptional leadership to deliver real business impact.”
The finalists of the 2017 Telstra Northern Territory Business Women’s Awards are:
- Karinda Gill, Abode New Homes, Darwin
- Karlene Dagg, HK Holistic Health Klub, Darwin
- Katy Sullivan, Advanced Body Image & Spa Lotus Day Spa, Berrimah
- Kym Cairns, Cairns Industries, Darwin
- Dr Isabelle Skinner, Decision Support Analytics, Darwin
- Susan Brosnan, Tanami Rural Property, Katherine
- Judy Spafford, Gorge Health Services, Katherine
- Carley Scott, Developing East Arnhem, Nhulunbuy
- Erica Gibson, Northern Territory Police, Nhulunbuy
- Fathma Mauger, Larrakeyah Primary School Board, Darwin
- Kerrylee Pike, HiQA Geotechnical, Tivendale
- Nicole Walsh, Yeperenye, Alice Springs