Seven road incidents were reported to NT emergency services in a short period on the weekend.
In one incident on Saturday afternoon an 18-year-old motorbike rider was badly injured in a motorcycle accident near the Mt Todd access road north of Katherine.
He suffered a suspected broken arm and suspected spinal injury.
Emergency services said it was believed the rider was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
In a grim list of other accidents on Saturday:
• 6.15am, Araluen: A woman falls out of a car while the vehicle is moving.
• 6.45am, East Side Alice Springs: A woman is taken to Alice Springs Hospital by St John Ambulance paramedics after the car she was travelling in hit a tree on Sturt Terrace.
• 6.55am, Oenpelli: A car crashed into a tree. The male driver is lucky to escape the crash without serious injuries.
• 11.20am, Darwin: Two people were injured in a two-car-crash on Tiger Brennan Drive. A 24-year-old man is taken to Royal Darwin Hospital by St John Ambulance paramedics with head injuries and sternum pain.
• 12.30pm, Surprise Creek, 1.5 hours east of Borroloola: Three people are involved in a single vehicle crash.
• 3.30pm, Yirrkala/Nhulunbuy: A 4WD crashes on Melville Bay Road. The male driver escapes with minor injuries and is taken to Gove District Hospital by St John Ambulance paramedics for precaution.