Lucky to be alive, how an ex-RAAF worker battled melioidosis

By Roxanne Fitzgerald
Updated January 20 2020 - 11:19pm, first published January 16 2020 - 4:30am
Sandra Henderson was shocked to discover she had contracted a deadly bacteria which causes melioidosis. It typically enters the body through cuts or occasionally through inhalation of dust or droplets. Picture: Supplied.

Three days after giving birth to her first child Sandra Henderson was struck down with one of the Northern Territory's most lethal diseases.

Advertisement

Ad

Advertisement

Ad

Advertisement

Ad

Advertisement

Ad