It is now 14 months since an inquiry of the Federal Parliament called on the Government to respond to its recommendations on PFAS contamination.
One key recommendation was for the nation to compensate those landowners who had been hard hit by dangerous chemicals leaking from nearby military bases through no fault of their own.
It has been 573 days since Katherine people gave up their time to give evidence when that Joint Standing Committee came to town.
This week, another motion was put in the Senate calling for a response.
Another government inquiry continued in Canberra this week but critics say no one is taking notice any more.
It is the parliament's third inquiry into PFAS contamination.
Residents of Katherine, Williamtown and Oakey have instead launched a class action against the Department of Defence trying to get justice.
One of the concerns expressed by the committee at the time was the continued use by Katherine Town Council of contaminated bore water on sporting fields for irrigation.
The committee worried the practice was spreading PFAS contamination which could cause more problems in later years.
The committee said the practice should be "considered" at a national level and responded to.
There is no indication that was ever followed up either.
At the release of the report in December 2018, the Federal Government issued a statement through Environment Minister Melissa Price and Assistant Defence Minister David Fawcett.
"The Government acknowledges that communities in areas where PFAS contamination has been detected are very concerned about how this may affect them," the pair said.
"Their wellbeing is our focus and we will continue to work closely with them to provide advice and assistance as quickly as possible.
"The Government will carefully consider the Committee's recommendations and provide a coordinated Whole-of-Australian-Government response ..."
It is this response the Senate is after.
Melissa Price is no longer Environment Minister and David Fawcett is no longer the Assistant Defence Minister.
NT Senator Malarndirri McCarthy spoke in the Senate today expressing her frustration the Government is not taking action on PFAS for Australians who want direction.
It has not responded to the December 2018 report, to the hundreds of families and all of those who gave evidence
"Could I just put on the parliamentary record how frustrating it is really to once again really be standing to speak on an issue which clearly eludes this Government in really dealing with it in an important and urgent manner for all those families around Australia who definitely want direction and want certainty on what this Government should be doing in relation to PFAS and the concerns family have.
"We've had numerous reports here in Parliament and they've been articulated at graphic length by families and organisations who have held major concerns in Newcastle region, in the Katherine region and certainly down here in NSW and over in WA.
More reading:Katherine's PFAS timeline.
"This inquiry is the third inquiry into PAFS contamination yet the Government is still yet to respond to the previous one and that's where the frustration is.
"The frustration is we've spent so much time on this issue and round and round we go.
"If I feel frustrated as a Senator involved, listening on this inquiry trying to push it as best I can, then imagine what those families are feeling who have given evidence on numerous occasions.
"They've pretty much given up on us really and that's why we see class actions taking place across the country in relation to those concerns of PFAS because people have had a gut full.
"They need action with whatever we do in here and whatever we say it is not going to bring home confidence to those families unfortunately."
While you're with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.