As of today, the Northern Territory officially has no coronavirus.
It has been 44 days with no new cases in the Territory and 28 days since the last two people with the virus recovered on August 14.
The were a local couple returning from medical appointments in Melbourne.
It is what health experts say meets the clinical definition of virus eradication.
The NT has had 34 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic was declared and no cases of community transmission.
Most of the cases were international arrivals, including a visiting US Marine.
A Katherine couple returning from South Africa were diagnosed with coronavirus back in March as the only known local cases.
The pair spent a week back in Katherine before they were positively tested but had been in self isolation and there was no community transmission as a result.
But in signalling a lift in hotspot restrictions for Sydney next month (October 9) Chief Minister Michael Gunner said it was likely there would be further cases in the NT as more restrictions were eased.
While he did say border controls would remain "for a long time", there will be a gradual easing of restrictions on travel, Mr Gunner said.
According to the latest numbers, 31,280 have arrived by air since July 17.
A total of 38,860 people have arrived by road since July 17 and 769 have arrived by sea or rail.
That's a grand total of 70,909 arrivals.
The Territory opened its borders on July 17, allowing most Australians to travel into the NT although Victoria remains a hotspot.
While you're with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.