LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Australia's technical advisory group for immunisation will undertake a "continuous review" of all COVID-19 vaccines in domestic use after the death of a 48-year-old NSW woman who had the AstraZeneca jab.
* Therapeutic Goods Administration investigators have concluded Genene Norris's blood clots with low platelet count was likely linked to her vaccination. She had several chronic health conditions when she received the jab on April 8.
* Ms Norris was the third Australian case of its type, with the first two still in hospital. Some 885,000 AstraZeneca doses have been administered in Australia so far.
* Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly said "people should be cautious about jumping to conclusions" over the case.
* Health Minister Greg Hunt urged Australians not to refuse vaccinations, saying a vaccine still offers the greatest protection against coronavirus.
* NSW Health says COVID-19 may have been transmitted within hotel quarantine, after two family groups who arrived from different countries on different days were shown to have the same viral sequence.
* The groups stayed in adjacent rooms on the 12th floor of the Adina Apartments Hotel. The cases may have to be reclassified as locally acquired.
* Victoria recorded its 50th day in a row with no locally acquired cases. Its two new cases in quarantine are a man aged in his 40s and a woman in her 30s. The state's total number of active cases stands at 10.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 1,474,558 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Friday, including 53,981 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 833,192 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of 39,255 on the previous 24 hours).
* 662,478 have been delivered in primary care (+ 33,189), and 170,714 in aged and disability facilities (+ 6066).
* 641,366 have been administered by the states and territories, including 14,726 in the previous 24 hours.
* NSW has vaccinated 173,302 people (+4018), Victoria 162,108 (+3610), Queensland 122,865 (+2407), WA 75,858 (+1812), South Australia 45,485 (+1335), Tasmania 28,630 (+583), 20,365 (+552) in the ACT and 12,753 (+409) in the Northern Territory.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported no new locally acquired virus cases on Saturday. There were at least 21 overseas-acquired cases in quarantine: seven in NSW, six in the NT, four in South Australia, two in Victoria, and one each in Queensland and WA.
* The national death toll is 910: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, SA 4, ACT 3 (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 139,690,628
* Deaths: at least 2,997,250
* Recovered: at least 79,554,588.
Data current as of 1800 AEST on April 17, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
Australian Associated Press