Northern Territory Police have charged a youth in relation to a motor vehicle accident after the death of a male in the Victoria Daly Region on Saturday, May 8.
Police were initially called to investigate the death of a 54-year-old male who was located on a road in the community.
Investigations by police identified the male had suffered injuries consistent with an impact with a motor vehicle.
A 14-year-old male was later arrested and charged with:
- 1 x Drive vehicle cause death
- 1 x Hit and run causing death
- 1 x Drive unlicensed
- 1 x Drive unregistered motor vehicle
He was granted bail to appear in court at a later date.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Bookmark katherinetimes.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter: @KatherineTimes
- Follow us on Instagram @katherinetimes
- Follow us on Google News
- You can also receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.