The votes are in.
Kakadu National Park has been listed in the top 13 Australian travel destinations to visit before the age of 13 as part of the Wotif Aussie Kids Bucket List.
While the Bucket List reveals Queensland as the ultimate family destination, Kakadu National Park came in at slot six, with kids dreaming of paying the native wildlife, waterfalls and crocs a visit.
"We asked Aussie kids to tell us what their dream travel experience in Australia would be and it's clear today's kids are young adventurers, excited to explore everything their backyard has to offer," Wotif Managing Director, Daniel Finch said.
"From sleeping underground in Coober Pedy, to witnessing whale sharks in Exmouth or learning about Aboriginal culture in the Northern Territory, it's fantastic to see how energised kids are about travelling within their own country."
The Bucket List is as follows:
- Tick off the Gold Coast theme parks, QLD
- Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef, QLD
- Learn about Aboriginal culture at Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, NT
- See the quokkas on Rottnest Island, WA
- Watch the Little Penguin Parade on Phillip Island, VIC
- Spotting wildlife, waterfalls and crocs in Kakadu National Park, NT
- Discover Australia's Dinosaur Trail, QLD
- Swim with whale sharks on Ningaloo Reef, WA
- Meet the dolphins at Monkey Mia, WA
- Visit Australia Zoo on the Sunshine Coast, QLD
- Overnight safari at Dubbo's Taronga Western Plains Zoo, NSW
- Sleep underground in Coober Pedy, SA -
- Explore Questacon in Canberra, ACT
"While Aussie kids have big and bold travel dreams, at the end of the day their travel wishes are simple, and the flood of entries we received proved just that," Mr Finch said.
"Behind all the fun and excitement, the importance of family time was a clear theme in almost all entries. This also came through in our recent research, with spending time together the most important thing for 64 per cent of families.
"Australia is a huge playground for Aussie kids and we want to encourage families to look to the Wotif Aussie Kids Bucket List for inspiration."
To learn more about the Australia's top kid-approved experiences, visit wotif.com/kidslist.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Bookmark katherinetimes.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter: @KatherineTimes
- Follow us on Instagram @katherinetimes
- Follow us on Google News
- You can also receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.