The murder trial of NT Police officer Zachary Rolfe, which was set to start on Monday, is expected to be adjourned as the prosecution remain stranded in Sydney's Covid lockdown.
An NT Courts spokesperson said it was "anticipated" that Acting Justice Dean Mildren will make an order tomorrow adjourning the trial of R v Zachary Rolfe to a date to be fixed.
"This is because prosecuting counsel have been affected by COVID-19 travel restrictions and are presently unable to make their way to Darwin," the spokesperson said.
The matter is set to be scheduled for a directions hearing tomorrow afternoon.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Bookmark katherinetimes.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter: @KatherineTimes
- Follow us on Instagram @katherinetimes
- Follow us on Google News
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.