A man has been charged with allegedly molesting a young girl at a Top End caravan park over the weekend.
The 54-year-old man was charged with two counts of gross indecency without consent in relation to the alleged incident on Saturday night at a caravan park in the Darwin rural area.
Police allege the man interfered with a young girl in his care.
Neighbouring campers alerted police to the incident, and the man was arrested on site shortly afterward in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Bail is yet to be considered but will be opposed by police.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Bookmark katherinetimes.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter: @KatherineTimes
- Follow us on Instagram @katherinetimes
- Follow us on Google News
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.