The site of the former Katherine Sports and Recreation Club is set to be transformed as the NT Government opens an Expression of Interest for its redevelopment.
The EOI was opened today for proposals or concepts from parties interested in redeveloping the site at 40 Giles St.
The NT Government will consider proposals that revitalise the site, maintain areas of open green space and connection to the Katherine River Corridor and deliver on the hotel accomodation market requirements of Katherine.
Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics Minister Eva Lawler said the redevelopment will create new opportunities for the town.
"Planning for the future and creating job opportunities for now and into the future is how we are ensuring that we grow our economy.
"The redevelopment of the Katherine Sports and Recreation Club site will open new doors and opportunities for Katherine, while improving on the availability of tourism facilities in the town.
"We are making sure there are projects for interested parties to deliver on, including the construction of a new hotel in Katherine, which this EoI is calling for."
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Bookmark katherinetimes.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter: @KatherineTimes
- Follow us on Instagram @katherinetimes
- Follow us on Google News
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.