Northern Territory Police have charged a man in relation to numerous domestic violence incidents in Katherine over the past two months.
A 24-year-old male was arrested on Friday, August 20 for alleged domestic violence incidents that occurred from June to July 2021.
He has been charged with a number of offences in relation to multiple aggravated assaults.
- READ MORE: NT cop murder trial halted by High Court
During the arrest, a police officer was allegedly assaulted, resulting in minor injuries.
The male was remanded to appear before Katherine Local Court on August 23.
Anyone aware of or experiencing domestic and family violence is encouraged to reach out for help. You can contact police at any time on 131 444 or in an emergency call 000.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Bookmark katherinetimes.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter: @KatherineTimes
- Follow us on Instagram @katherinetimes
- Follow us on Google News
- You can also receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.