A man has been charged with murder after the body of a woman was found in an apartment in Darwin's northern suburbs last week.
The 48-year-old Aboriginal woman was found in a Coconut Grove apartment around 8pm on Friday night. She had a full cast on her leg, according to NT Police.
Police arrested a 50-year-old man in relation to her death yesterday without incident.
He has been charged with murder and contravening a domestic violence order.
The man has been remanded in custody and is set to face the Darwin Local Court this morning.
Detective Acting Senior Sergeant Paul Morrissey thanked the public for their assistance.
"Thanks to the assistance from the public and the support of NTES volunteers who have assisted police in searching the area, we were able to locate the alleged offender and hold him to account for his actions.
"Domestic violence is abhorrent and something we as a community should have no tolerance for. If you or anyone you know is a victim of domestic and family violence, please reach out for help. Call police on 131 444 or in an emergency call 000."
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Bookmark katherinetimes.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter: @KatherineTimes
- Follow us on Instagram @katherinetimes
- Follow us on Google News
- Contact us at email@example.com
- You can also receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.
DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY?: Send letters to the editor or story tips to firstname.lastname@example.org