Police are continuing an appeal to the public for information about missing Katherine man Paul Baker.
Mr Baker, 60, was last seen in Katherine's CBD on August 6 and has not made contact with family or friends since then.
NT Police now believe Mr Baker may have tried to hitchhike from a shopping centre in Katherine to a residence on Edith Farms Road via the Stuart Highway.
He was last seen wearing a long-sleeved blue shirt, a baseball cap and dark pants.
Police said he is known to take trips to remote communities.
"It is believed that Mr Baker often travels into other remote areas of the Northern Territory. We still call upon the community to report any information to police as we continue our investigation."
Katherine Police are strongly encouraging members of the public to notify police with any information into the whereabouts of Mr Baker.
If any information becomes available, contact police on 131 444 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers on 1300 333 000 and quote reference number 9757216.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Bookmark katherinetimes.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter: @KatherineTimes
- Follow us on Instagram @katherinetimes
- Follow us on Google News
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.
DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY?: Send letters to the editor or story tips to email@example.com