Katherinites put their glad rags on while also raising money for charity at the Dreaming Under the Sun Luncheon over the weekend.
The event, which raised money for Dolly's Dream, a charity established in memory of Katherine teenager Dolly Everett, was held in the Katherine Museum's gardens on Saturday, with attendees urged to wear their best "lunch whites."
Co-Founder of Dolly's Dream and Dolly's mum Kate Everett said the event provided a chance for Katherine to get dressed up and do something different.
"It's Katherine and the excuses to do something beautiful like a long white luncheon are few and far between," she said.
"We wanted to change it up from what we'd usually be doing to include some more people."
The event featured a two course meal, live entertainment and a raffle.
Dreaming under the Sun was a variation on Dreaming Under the stars, which skipped a year in 2020.
Ms Everett said all of the money raised from the event will go towards the Dolly's Dream Support Line, which provides free mental health care over the phone.
"Basically it will be converted into free hours of mental health support," she said.
"Whether that's a family or parent or children themselves calling, it will be there for whoever needs it."
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Bookmark katherinetimes.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter: @KatherineTimes
- Follow us on Instagram @katherinetimes
- Follow us on Google News
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.
DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY?: Send letters to the editor or story tips to email@example.com