A youth has been charged by Strike Force Cerberus members over the theft of two dirt bikes from a property near Katherine.
Police alleged the 15-year-old and a co-offender stole the bikes from a property on Edith Farms Road on September 5.
Police said that on September 8 they went to a property in the Katherine rural area where the two bikes were found, and subsequently arrested the youth.
He was charged with trespass, stealing and possess stolen property and bailed to appear in court on September 10.
Police said that they are continuing their enquiries into the alleged co-offender.
"It is pleasing to see the strong community spirt in Katherine," Superintendent Craig Garland said.
"Members of the community were instrumental in locating the stolen bikes and assisting in the identification of the offenders.
"Strike Force Cerberus members will continue to detect, deter, disrupt, investigate and prosecute offenders of property crime."
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Bookmark katherinetimes.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter: @KatherineTimes
- Follow us on Instagram @katherinetimes
- Follow us on Google News
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.
DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY?: Send letters to the editor or story tips to email@example.com