A Katherine man has been charged by Territory police with tobacco and firearms offences.
Strike Force Cerberus officers in Katherine conducted an undercover operation on September 14 after identifying that tobacco was being sold to children from a residence.
Police arrested a 76-year-old man and executed a search warrant upon his residence.
During the search warrant, police said they found an unsecured firearm under the man's bed.
Police said that nine more firearms in the residence were also seized.
The man has been charged with:
- Sell tobacco less than 25 grams
- Failing to comply with firearm storage requirements
He was bailed to appear in Katherine Local Court on September 28.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Bookmark katherinetimes.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter: @KatherineTimes
- Follow us on Instagram @katherinetimes
- Follow us on Google News
- Contact us at email@example.com
- You can also receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.
DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY?: Send letters to the editor or story tips to firstname.lastname@example.org