A man from the Katherine region is set to face court after being charged with the alleged rape of a family member.
According to NT Police, the 54-year-old man was arrested in a community in the Katherine region yesterday and charged with sexual intercourse without consent.
It comes after the alleged victim made a report with police on Thursday alleging the man, who is her relative, had raped her that morning.
The man is set to face the Katherine local court today.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Bookmark katherinetimes.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter: @KatherineTimes
- Follow us on Instagram @katherinetimes
- Follow us on Google News
- Contact us at email@example.com
- You can also receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.
DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY?: Send letters to the editor or story tips to firstname.lastname@example.org