Territory police are seeking information after two assaults in a Jabiru caravan park on September 16.
Police said that at around 2am on September 16 three men were seen entering a caravan park on Jabiru Drive, with two leaving a short time later.
Police said that a 19-year-old male allegedly entered a caravan and assaulted a 30-year-old woman before fleeing the scene.
He then allegedly assaulted a 59-year-old woman nearby, who had to be taken to Royal Darwin Hospital, police said. She was later discharged from the hospital.
Jabiru police arrested a man at the scene a short time after the incident and he is being interviewed by detectives from the Katherine Criminal Investigation Branch.
"This incident is still under investigation and we have received multiple reports of thefts from residents in the caravan park," Detective Senior Sergeant Paul Lawson said.
"We are asking anyone who saw a white Ford sedan or any suspicious activity in the area to come forward".
Police are calling on anyone with information to contact 131 444.
You can make an anonymous report through Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or crimestoppersnt.com.au.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Bookmark katherinetimes.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter: @KatherineTimes
- Follow us on Instagram @katherinetimes
- Follow us on Google News
- Contact us at email@example.com
- You can also receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.
DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY?: Send letters to the editor or story tips to firstname.lastname@example.org