A total fire ban will come into effect across Katherine from midnight.
Bushfires NT issued the fire ban for the Northern and Katherine Fire protection Zones, which will be in place from midnight Monday to midnight Tuesday.
The fire ban also extends to a number of other areas across the Top End including the Darwin, Adelaide River, Daly South and Gregory Fire Protection Zones.
Temperatures are expected to reach 37C in the Katherine region in the coming days, with winds getting up to 40km/h on Tuesday.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Bookmark katherinetimes.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter: @KatherineTimes
- Follow us on Instagram @katherinetimes
- Follow us on Google News
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.
DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY?: Send letters to the editor or story tips to email@example.com