Katherine locals can go into the draw to win a multi-state outback adventure with cricket legend Glenn McGrath in an initiative to raise money for the McGrath Foundation.
With Katherine Town Council taking part in the charity's Pink Up Your Town initiative this year, Katherine locals are encouraged to take part in the raffle to raise money for Australians experiencing breast cancer.
The winner will get to take one person to join McGrath a five-day pub crawl, traversing outback pubs across New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland.
The prize also includes return flights from Sydney, where the trip starts, and will give the winner the chance to see attractions like The Simpson Desert and The Flinders Range from the air.
Katherine Mayor Lis Clark encouraged Katherinites to get involved and support the cause.
"Pink Up Your Town is such an important initiative to get behind as sadly we all know someone who has been affected by cancer and it is estimated that breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in Australia" she said.
Raffle tickets are $25 each and available online.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Bookmark katherinetimes.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter: @KatherineTimes
- Follow us on Instagram @katherinetimes
- Follow us on Google News
- Contact us at email@example.com
- You can also receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.
DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY?: Send letters to the editor or story tips to firstname.lastname@example.org