Katherine will be in either a lockdown or a lockout until at least December 4 "at this stage", according to Chief Minister Michael Gunner.
Mr Gunner announced on Tuesday morning that three new cases of COVID-19 had been recorded overnight all connected with the Katherine-Robinson River cluster.
A man in his 40s, who is a close contact of a case recorded in Katherine on November 15, tested positive while in Howard Springs after previously returning two negative tests.
An unvaccinated woman in her 20s from Binjari Community tested positive after being taken to Katherine Hospital with symptoms and is now in Howard Springs and an infant in Robinson River has been taken to the Royal Darwin Hospital after testing positive.
A man in his 60s who was announced with the cohort of positve cases on Monday has been revealed as a staff member with the Department of Public Prosecutions who works in the Katherine courts, with several of his close contacts being from work.
Mr Gunner said 1149 people had been tested in Katherine yesterday after residents of Katherine East received a text message advising them to get tested.
Lockdown 3.0 links
"The Bicentennial Road catchment area continues to return positive wastewater results and the Katherinre golf course has returned a positive wastewater results in a sample.
This indicates there are positive cases in Katherine that are yet to be detected. Testing continues to be crucial.
"The community has been so fantastic, we appreciate it's frustrating but it will really get it closer to that freedom we desire."
Acting Chief Health Officer Dr Charles Pain said with the consistent positive wastewater results, the Katherine region will likely be in either lockdown or lockout until December 4.
"We usually have a replication cycle approach to this and it's usually 14 days," Dr Pain said.
All eligible residents of Binjari, Rockhole and Warlpiri Camp have now had their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccination, according to Mr Gunner.
The Eastside Minimart was listed as a new close contact exposure site from 8.05 - 8.15am on November 15.
Anyone who was there are that time must get tested for COVID-19 and quarantine for 14 days.
Mr Gunner said as Woolworths in Katherine had been heavily impacted by staff shortages due to the outbreak, a new testing protocol had been introduced for staff.
"The Woolworths has now been listed as a casual exposure site seven times. I know this had an impact on their ability to staff the store. They've had to adjust their opening hours regularly during the lockdown," he said.
"I think their work is crucial for Katherine for the incredible work they're doing to keep locals supplied and I thank them for their co-operation and testing.
"We are now working with Woolies and other essential services on a testing protocol that allows them to continue to operate even while they are being listed as exposure sites. This is the same approach we take with our health care centers."
He said Katherine's vaccination rate is now at 83 per cent first dose, 77 per cent fully vaccinated.
The Katherine Times has removed the paywall from our stories relating to health warnings and safety of the community in regards to the coronavirus. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.