Nominations for the 2019 Northern Territory Young Achiever Awards are about to open.
This Thursday marks the beginning of the search for incredible young people under the age of 29 from across the Territory.
If you know an inspiring young individual who finds time to help others, paves the way for our future through innovative thinking and is a role model and a leader, now is the chance to nominate them.
This year, Phoebe Hooper won the Somerville Community Service Award for his dedication to creating awareness for the LGBTQIA+ community in Katherine.
At the time of the award announcement, Mr Hooper said the acknowledgement gave him more confidence in his mission, and motivation to achieve awareness in the community.
There are 12 categories for nominations:
• Minister for Territory Families Excellence in Youth Leadership Award
• NT Government Small Business Achievement Award
• Somerville Community Service Award
• NT Government Young Aboriginal Educator Award
• Zip Print Sport Award
• Glencore McArthur River Mining Regional and Rural Initiative Award
• NT Government Young Carers Award
• ConocoPhillips Environment Award
• Charles Darwin University Arts Award
• Genesee & Wyoming Australia Indigenous Achievement Award
• Colemans Contracting & Earthmoving Agriculture Award
• McDonalds NT Career Achievement Award
Winners for each category will receive $2,000 and the 2019 Northern Territory Young Achiever of the Year will receive an additional $2,000 and a prestigious trophy.
To submit a nomination, simply go online to www.youngachieverawards.com select NT and then select ‘Nominate Now’.
Or call on 1300 148 228
Nominations close Friday November 30, 2018.