A road train driver has been charged with drink driving after allegedly blocking the Stuart Highway at Mataranka when he got stuck trying to do a u-turn.
Speaking on ABC Radio this morning, NT Police Northern Watch Commander Ian Davies said police received a report around 1.20am on Wednesday of a road train stuck around 20km south of Mataranka.
"The driver attempted to do a u-turn and got stuck," he said.
"We had to call out to Mataranka police to go down and we got a tow truck down there, got the truck taken off the road.
He said the driver was charged with drink driving.
"We spoke with the driver he returned a positive breath test so he's going to be going to court for drink driving at a later date."
Tell us your news: Hey Katherine, what's happening in your neck of the woods?
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Bookmark katherinetimes.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter: @KatherineTimes
- Follow us on Instagram @katherinetimes
- Follow us on Google News
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.
DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY?: Send letters to the editor or story tips to email@example.com