There is a possibility we have not seen the last of the sculpture deemed too controversial for the annual Katherine Junk Arts Festival.
The creators have had more than one request from Katherine residents to hire the sculpture of a pillory, or stocks.
The pair were overwhelmed by the level of support from the community for their sculpture.
"We are happy with the conversation it has started about crime in Katherine," Bob Wright said.
"The attention has far exceeded what we thought we would get."
"Someone wants to put it out the front of his place," Mr Wright said.
"He thinks it is a brilliant idea that could help deter people from breaking in," he said.
Last week, father and son duo, Bob and Ken Wright, contacted the Katherine Times after they were told their art piece was not appropriate for the Junk Festival.
Disappointed with the rejection from the festival committee, they said they were asked to remove the pillory from the festival grounds.
"We told them it would be controversial, but we didn't expect it to be banned," Ken Wright said at the time.
"We wanted to start a conversation because right now it seems to be a catch and release program.
He said the crime in Katherine had increased to the point "you don't go a week without hearing about someone you know who has been broken into."
The Wrights reaffirmed the pillory was "just a statement" and "obviously not for use".
"It has a lock and we have the key," Bob Wright said.
But there were mixed reviews on social media as the town flocked to have their say.
"Let's tackle youth crime with a slave torture device??? Art is a fantastic way to comment on social issues but this just promotes further persecution, violence and blame towards the most disadvantaged people in Australia. This kind of discrimination disgusts me," one person commented.
"Isn't one of the points of art to be provocative and make people think differently or feel uncomfortable," another said.
And there was this: "And we live in a democracy?? Good job guys, it certainly got everyone talking!"
As for future entries in the Katherine Junk Festival, the Wrights said they had no concrete plans as of yet.
"We will be keeping our eyes and ears open, and if an issue comes up, we might construct something for the community.
"If it gets accepted, that is all well and good. If not, well it turns out to be a bit more of a statement if it is banned," Mr Wright said.
Katherine Regional Arts festival committee and board, in charge of the Junk Festival, stood firm on their decision to remove the piece.
" ... it did not conform with the award's submission condition, 'All entries must be suitable for public display'," a spokeswoman for the committee said.
"The sculpture in question included written descriptions which suggested locking young offenders in the pillory device could be considered a viable administration of legal justice," the spokeswoman said.
"Both the Committee and the Board felt this suggestion fosters humiliation, shame and dehumanisation of children and young people.
"While KRA consistently champions artistic freedom of expression through our programming, partnerships and outreach, it is beyond our ethical bounds to showcase a sculpture promoting such disturbing themes.
"We take our responsibility to the community seriously, particularly when Indigenous members of the KRA board deemed sighting the sculpture as a 're-traumatising' experience.
"Exposing the local Indigenous and wider community to traumatic content is not in line with KRA's stipulated goals of celebrating diversity, nor is it in line with our strategic vision to be a key vehicle for creating community cohesion in the Katherine region.
"It is also not in line with the convivial spirit of good will that the Junk Arts Festival Committee has worked extremely hard in a volunteer capacity to deliver Katherine for the last seven years running."
While you're with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.