Updated 1.30pm: Northern Territory Police have arrested a man in relation to an assault in Woodroffe on September 9.
He was apprehended at an address in Palmerston and is currently being interviewed by police.
Detective Superintendent Mark Malorgorski thanked the public for their assistance, and said police expected to lay charges later on September 9.
Earlier: Territory police are seeking information on a break-in which a child was allegedly assaulted in her room in Woodroffe.
Police said that shortly after 3am on September 9 the child woke her mother to tell her a man was in her room and had assaulted her.
The intruder fled the premises and the mother called police.
Detective Acting Superintendent Mark Malogorski said: "The intruder remains outstanding at this time and we are urging anyone with information, who may have seen or heard unusual activity in the Woodroffe area in the early hours of this morning to contact police immediately on 131 444 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000."
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Bookmark katherinetimes.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter: @KatherineTimes
- Follow us on Instagram @katherinetimes
- Follow us on Google News
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.
DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY?: Send letters to the editor or story tips to email@example.com