Katherine has been named the top tourism town in the Northern Territory at the recent Australian Tourism Awards.
The awards recognise those local Tourism Operators, Visitor Centres and Councils committed to making their town the very best destination it can be, and encourage tourists to visit regional destinations.
Katherine now has the opportunity to represent Northern Territory at the National Awards and be named Australia's Top Tourism Town.
"Congratulations to our local tourism operators and hospitality businesses here in Katherine, this award is an achievement and I commend you on your efforts," Katherine Mayor Lis Clark said.
"Thank you to all the Northern Territorians who did their bit for our tourism economy.
"Thank you for spending time in our beautiful region and spending your hard-earned dollars with local businesses."
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Bookmark katherinetimes.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter: @KatherineTimes
- Follow us on Instagram @katherinetimes
- Follow us on Google News
- Contact us at email@example.com
- You can also receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday at 6am from the Katherine Times. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, sign up here.